Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Shower for Catherine Grace Cornett

Last Sunday, September 26, I helped throw a baby shower for little Catie Grace Cornett, Gerry and Jananna Cornett's little baby to be!  I am so excited for the two of them as they become parents for the first time.  I think everyone is in great anticipation of welcoming and meeting the first baby of our group of friends.  I had a great time planning and preparing for the shower with some of my oldest friends.  It's so special that after all of these years after high school, we are all still good friends!  We've watched each other grow up, get married, grow into wonderful wives, and now one of us is becoming a mommy.  I can't wait for November (or maybe October 31 because Jananna loves Halloween and that would be too perfect) to get here so we can all meet Catie Grace!
All of the sweet gifts people brought for Catie Grace!
The food!

The beverages!  We had sweet tea, sparkling water and a delicious pineapple lime punch.
The cute cake!  It matched the invitation perfectly!
Close up of the cake.  It had yummy strawberry cake on the inside!
The invitation, "guest book" plate, and a framed photo of Catie Grace for her grandmothers.

Thank you to Lauren, Olivia, Megan, Rosa and Courtney for all of your help!  The shower was a success because of all of your hard work.  Thank you to Gerry and Jananna for giving us an excuse to throw a baby shower!  I wish you both bountiful blessings as you add to your family and a lifetime of happy memories in your home.  I love you both!

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to have made it on your blog! The shower was absolutely perfect. Ya'll are the best friends ever. I can't believe everything we have been through and I am so glad Catie Grace will have so many wonderful aunties! I can't wait for you to meet her!

    ReplyDelete